- 1 whole chicken (about 3-4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
- Preheat your infrared burner to medium-high heat.
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, thyme, and rosemary. Rub this mixture all over the chicken, making sure to get it into all the crevices.
- Place the chicken on the rotisserie spit and secure it in place. If you like, you can also place a few lemon wedges inside the chicken.
- Place the rotisserie spit on the infrared burner and cook the chicken for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the rotisserie spit and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.
- Serve the rotisserie chicken with your favorite sides and enjoy!
Recommend any of our Ruby Series Pro Sear Grills when making Rotisserie Chicken, just remove the cooking grates for increased height and use either of the High or Low Positions. See the entire Sunstone Ruby Grill Collection Here!
Note: Cooking time may vary depending on the size of your chicken and the heat of your infrared burner. It’s always best to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken to ensure that it’s cooked through.
An infrared burner is a great way to cook a rotisserie chicken, as it can quickly and evenly cook the meat while ensuring that it remains juicy and flavorful. Using an infrared burner can also help to keep the temperature consistent, which can help to prevent the chicken from drying out. If you don’t have an infrared burner, you can use a traditional gas or charcoal grill with a rotisserie attachment.